Saturday, August 21, 2010

Atheist: Would you get married in a church if your loved one wanted you to?

If your fiance asked you to get married the church of his religion, would you? Do you feel it'd be disrespectful for you to be in the church and didn't believe?








I was asked yesterday and the reason why I don't go to church is because I think it'd disrespectful, but I don't know what I'd do if I was in that situation.





Atheist: Would you get married in a church if your loved one wanted you to?
No I wouldn't even date someone who wanted to get married in a Church, let alone a theist. Atheist: Would you get married in a church if your loved one wanted you to?
I guess I can't see it getting that far in the first place. If you plan to have kids, you should discuss if they will be raised in her religion. If you can agree that they will then you might as well get married in the church. If you haven't discussed kids, don't get married until you do.
I'm an atheist and I have no problem going into a church. It's just another building. As for being respectful, I might ask that I not be asked to pray, because I don't believe anybody is hearing it. But I wouldn't have a problem. When my wife and I got married the man who did the wedding said a prayer and we listened politely. No biggie.
I would think at least twice before falling in love with someone whose views were such that she wanted to be married in a church.


When my wife and I got married 49 years ago, her parents pressured us to get married in a church but we would not do it. We were married in their home by a New York Supreme Court judge.


It seems to have worked pretty well.
I love churches, the love and craftsmanship that goes into their construction. I'd be willing to be married in a church, but I won't be responsible for repairing the flaming footsteps I leave behind.
Would not be my prime choice, but out of respect for him, or more than likely his family, sure. If the church would find it disrespectful, that's on them, my commitments would be based on the man, not the church's religion.
Yes, I would do that, and I will be, in a couple of years.
Well it's not exactly disrespectful because there's not a God to disrespect.






ive never been in that situation.


i dont think i would get married in a church, it scraps the reason of atheism.
yes, I would. Respect your partners beliefs, even if you dont agree with them. Religion is not a subject I would ever let complicate my life/relationships.
My wife wanted us to get married in the church, but the priest refused because he lost out in a debate against me and barred me from the church :P.
I would never marry someone who has such differing religious views as my own, it causes problems with raising children.
i wouldnt participate in any of the rituals but i wouldn't have a problem being married in a church its just a building
I would if she wanted us to. I don't think it'd disrespectful at all because after all, the bride or groom would at least be a believer.
Sure, I suppose, but as a compromise I would insist that the wedding still be conducted by a justice of the law.
No, she wants to get married in a synagogue or a place where the service will be Jewish.
Yes, if she wanted to. However, my wife is an atheist as well. There is no reason she would want that.
I would anyways. It's a beautiful setting. I don't see why not.
As long as she (if I ever have a wife that was religious) can make an agreement that I choose the reception.
nope, cause I wouldn't be engaged to another man, I don't bend that way
The Answer is easy HELL NO





I am not moving back to my mommas house because some ***** was not satisfied with me.
Why not? I don't think it woul be disrespectful as long as the church knew I wasn't of their religion.
Nahhh.





I would like to get a civil union with my perfect girl if I ever find her
Sure, why not?





I'm respectful of all religions. As long as my sweetie didn't have a problem with it, neither would I.
depends on how smexy they are %26gt;:3
no.
no I would never
All ATHIESTS ARE GOING TO HELL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment