Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Is it appropriate for a married man to be friends with his ex on FaceBook?

Long story short. I have been married for 5 years together for 6. We have 3 children. In the past my husband has drunk dialed ex girlfriends when we had problems. He has stopped doing this now -but I noticed he has one of the ex's on his Facebook account. I am very upset by this and feel completley disrespected. What is your opinion on this? Am I out of line for being upset by this, as he says it is completely innocent?Is it appropriate for a married man to be friends with his ex on FaceBook?
I have no problems with my wife being friends with her exs or contacting them. She loves me and I am not insecure.


We have a child and she has none with her exs.Is it appropriate for a married man to be friends with his ex on FaceBook?
You can be upset, that's fine and completely natural.


Now whether or not you should make a big deal about it is a separate question.


If you've been together for 6 years, have 3 kids and you've been without problems then why wouldn't you trust him?


It's just my personal opinion that the best policy in this sort of case is not to question someone unless you have a real reason. It shows that you have faith in your relationship and could have a positive effect instead of mistrusting him. Wouldn't assuming he has intentions toward her offend him if they weren't true, and cause problems in your relationship?





Just my 2 cents
He's probably just nostalgic. There was a time when drunk, lonely, late at night, I used to ring up old acquaintances. People I normally don't think about when sober, responsible. It need not signify anything more. Its your choice whether to read more into it than just that. If I were you, I'd ignore it and get on with the relationship.





# I think your husband needs you more than you realize. What can you do to help fill the void in his life?
Tit for Tat hon.


Put a few of your exes on yours.


My boyfriend moved here from Hollywood...his ex is the naked motorcycle rider in 'Vanishing Point'. They still talk, and send pictures to each other.


I was bothered by it, now I have my own 'male' friends to take my mind off of it.





LOL
I think you are overreacting- my husband and I both have ex's on our facebook but because we trust each other, there really isn't an issue and we remain friends with some of our ex's. This drunk dialing business however is UNACCEPTABLE.
normally, it's fine.. BUT, due to his past behavior, I'd keep an eye on it. did you ask him to take her off his list? tell him how you feel. if he doesn't seem to care, THEN you have every right to be upset.
Why does anybody want to be in contact with their exes anyway? They're all exes for a reason.





He might be completely innocent but if you say you're upset by it, he should bloody well listen.
Well do they flirt? Or are the just chatting about normal day-to-day things? I would not be ok with the flirting but with the chatting i would be fine with but it also depends how long each day he spends chatting to her.
I wouldn't like it, but it's not a big deal. you can tell him how you feel -nicely- and hopefully he'll understand.
no, tell him to drop it or go without sex for a month.
there.s nothing wrong with that. m op ion?

No comments:

Post a Comment