Saturday, August 21, 2010

If I die and I owe 111,995.80 in medical bills who will be responsible for those bills. I am married?

I am facing bankruptcy because of medical bills I have a lawsuit going but I am going to lose according to my attorney. I have no way out. I will lose my disability back pay and my truck and our boat.If I die and I owe 111,995.80 in medical bills who will be responsible for those bills. I am married?
If you die, all your bills go to your estate. Your assets will be liquidated to pay your debts.If I die and I owe 111,995.80 in medical bills who will be responsible for those bills. I am married?
You should be getting proper and state specific advice on this from your attorney.
Your Estate. (Not to be confused with your State)
ignore rainy day - bankruptcy does not cost only $65 and if you're forced to file chap 13, your debts are not erased - you go on a payment plan
Transfer your share of the house and ';sell'; anything you want to keep to someone you trust. (wife,son, etc). Then declare bankruptcy.





They cannot take your truck or anything you need for your work. Tools of your trade. The only drawback will be that you cannot borrow money for 7 years.
Whats the problem. Do the bankruptcy. Start all over again!! Hospital bills are written off anyways. Think about it! One Tylenol $65.00!! Do the bankruptcy! You can do one every 7 years!
Your spouse.
whatever is in your will of who you were leaving what to should you die before your husband will all go to pay the


debt. If your name is on the house, then they can put


a lien against it and whatever will get paid when they


sell it at your husband death. So you check with a Real Estate Attorney and sell your half of the house to him


for a dollar so they can't touch it. And why don't you call


your local news station and make a plea for help, lots


of people do that and then you hear again on the news


about all the money and thank yous.
your spouse would be responsible for paying. but if you have good life insurance coverage it should cover the bill and probably even leave some extra for your family.
Im sure it will be your wife. It goes down the line.
This is not a direct answer to your question. Can you get finiancial aid? Check with the hospital--finiancial aid department. They will not help with doctor bills but they might help with hospital bills.
  • dermalogica
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment