Saturday, August 21, 2010

I was married for 3 months, but I filed for a divorce, can my parents still claim me on their tax return?

I am 19 years old and I got married in oct, but filed for a divorce in Decemeber. I only stayed with him for 1 month then I moved back in with my parents. Can my parents still claim me on their tax return? (I never got my named changed)I was married for 3 months, but I filed for a divorce, can my parents still claim me on their tax return?
As long as you don't file a joint return, they can claim you if they could have if you hadn't gotten married. But if you weren't a student for at least 5 months of 2007, then can't claim you as a qualifying child, but if your income was under $3400 for the year they could claim you as a qualifying relative.I was married for 3 months, but I filed for a divorce, can my parents still claim me on their tax return?
I think that if you are not divorced as of 12/31, you are still considered married for tax purposes.
If you lived with them for the majority of the year %26amp; they provided financial support, they can claim you.
  • dermalogica
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment